Finally, an update!
It’s been a few days since my last blog update. Happy Thanksgiving, hope your black Friday was safe whether you shopped, worked or stayed home.
I’ve got quite a lot of pictures for you today, from my new WIP, the 6 miniature pig faced orcs from my previous posts about the “Bag of Orcs.”
Our faithful guardian Tyler Underfoot says hello!
My desk is not “cluttered” with my stuff all “left out”. It is an “object rich work area” with tools and materials “close at hand”. But I cleaned it up a bit anyway…
Before I get into the orcs, here are a couple of pics showing the awesomeness of Milliput putty. This miniature’s metal stall was severely bent when I bought him. I straightened it as gently as I could but it still eventually broke off. I had been trying super glue, but could not get it to stick permanently. After cleaning off the glue, setting it up with a dab of Milliput epoxy, letting it cure over night and it’s solid. I don’t want to test it, but I can handle the mini without worrying about it because the epoxy putty is rock hard and has a solid bond.
After having primed the miniatures, I trimmed the parts off their sprues, trimmed up the sprue edges and scraped off the paint from the parts I need to glue with an Xacto blade. I then sanded the stumps I’m gluing with a fine grit sandpaper to clean off the primer and give the metal a good porous surface for the Milliput to bond to.