LED Project Continues…
I made a quick base with an inch of XPS foam and a plastic juice bottle cap. I cut a hole big enough to fit my fire-ball miniature with the LED base installed.
I used a lot of bamboo forks for this project. They make an easy set of spikes. Later I used the left over handles as extra bands of metal on the column.
Just dabs of hot glue at this point to tack things down. Bot the bottom and the top of the fork “spikes” were affixed with hot glue.
This is the tube from a Parchment Paper roll. The kind you find where the aluminum foil and wax paper is. It’s a nice hard tube, perfect for my torch tower project, or whatever I will end up calling it.
So far so good. I created a cap from a disc of XPS, glued it into the top of the tube and glued the LED fixture base to the top of it with PVA.
Here I’ve sculpted the rough shapes of the blocks of stone around the column. I also ran a small channel through the base for the LED wires and use a small piece of scotch tape over it to hold them in.
For scale, old school Ral Partha Zombie on the right and conversion “Orcus” Large figure on the left.
Here I used the left over handles from cutting the bamboo fork “spikes” as extra slats between them and created a more solid look to the column. I covered the juice cap with hot glue, then when it was cured I put down PVA and chunks of foam and home-made flock debris. Now it cures before being painted, but here’s the WIP so far.