Continuing the experiments in mold making and casting of tabletop terrain and miniatures from resin, I made 2 x 2 dungeon tiles. After sculpting the master from XPS foam and coating it in gesso, acrylic, then acrylic clear coat, I made a silicone mold of the tile.
It casts nicely, but being my first experiment, it’s clearly got some room for improvement in the design of the tile. I want to get the sides to be more perfectly smooth and formed with perfect 90° angles.
I think I can sell the casts from these as budget tiles for a $1 a piece or something, so look for those on the Etsy shop if you would like a set of budget 2 x 2 dungeon tiles.